DISCRIMINATION AND HARASSMENT, INCLUDING SEXUAL HARASSMENT PREVENTION-TRAINING OUTLINE
I. FOR MANAGEMENT AND NON-MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEES
1. Nation of Immigrants
a) Brief historical look at discrimination
b) Martin Luther King’s contribution
2. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
3. Definition of sexual harassment
a) Quid Pro Quo
4. Types of illegal conducts
6. Power and Control
7. Liability for employer, management and employees
a) EEOC’s guidelines
b) DFEH guidelines
c) Company’s policy
8. Mandatory prevention and how to effectively handle sexual harassment
b) Complaint Procedure
9. Identify why employees do not report harassment
10. How to recognize sexual harassment
11. How to respond to being harassed
12. Understanding the Hispanic cultural behavior
II. FOR MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS
1. Examine why a manager or supervisor might not take action on a sexual harassment complaint.
2. The importance of monitoring the workplace.
3. How to get managers and supervisors to respond promptly and fairly when observing sexual harassment, and the importance of good communication with employees.
4. How to get managers and supervisors to conduct investigations with confidentiality.
5. How to train managers and supervisors to conduct interviews and what are the procedures to keep the proper documentation.
6. How to maintain “zero tolerance” against retaliation for complaining about sexual harassment.
7. How to handle behavior that may not be unlawful harassment but creates hostile environment.
8. How to reinforce to managers and supervisors that organization expects professional and responsible behavior from its representatives at off-site functions.
9. How to train managers and supervisors to take personal responsibility for preventing sexual harassment.
10. How to explain to managers and supervisors their responsibility for maintaining a harassment-free workplace.
11. How to examine the direct influences of cultural differences among Spanish speaking employees.
12. How to teach managers and supervisors to make sure the policy is widely disseminated in the workplace.
CLICK HERE IF YOU HAVE SPANISH-SPEAKING EMPLOYEES
Other Training and Workshops Offered By Corte Hispana
Select a link below:
Violence at the Workplace: Learn how to prevent violence at the workplace;
Bilingual Education: Improve your employees knowledge of communication in Spanish/English;
Train the Trainers: A self-contained package with step-by-step instructions.
Send mail to
with questions or comments about this web site.